Nice information, thanks for sharing!

I think it's quite low.  In that
a) PLoS is a sister project which we should be supporting and
following closely; many of their editors are wikipedians
b) Every one of their articles is about a notable topic and a reliable
primary source
c) We could generate a useful todo list by finding a home for every
article they choose to publish.

This reminds me of the way that our inclusion of the CC-SA khan
academy videos - all those published up until mid-2010 at least - on
commons is remarkably low, even though they are now already available
transcoded into ogv.  Until a group of editors actively sees a source
of valuable knowledge as such and as something to incorporate, we
often don't use knowledge that is already out there, even when freely
licensed.

SJ