Thank you everyone! Grouplens folks, if you could send a link to your
work too, that would be awesome.

What I'm curious about: if we can give (within an order of magnitude,
say) an approximation of how many sources are cited within Wikipedia
-- then maybe broken out into references to printed works and
references to online-only, etc. What does our project look like viewed
as an ad-hoc catalog of scholarship? How does that compare to the
major databases? (It's going to be a tiny, tiny percentage of the
total scholarship in the world -- Pubmed has 21M records, Worldcat
around 246M -- but how tiny?) This may only be answerable if someone
creates a wikicite project :)

thanks,
phoebe