Personally, I'm a big fan of Scott's method (and the associated paper,
which I've been throwing about internally ;)).  Stu's points are worth
addressing, though, and I think his per-edit approach is probably the way
to go.

TL;DR all the sensible things have already been said, I'm just +1ing them
;p.

Oliver Keyes
Research Analyst
Wikimedia Foundation