Yep. One of the things that ruffled my feathers about RCOM from early on was that without any official community or WMF support, it (or some of its members, perhaps not expressing themselves clearly) gave the impression that it holds (or should, or want) the power to decide what can and cannot be researched with regards to Wikipedia. So, at least as far as I am concerned, instead of looking like a best-practices-we-want-to-help body, it started to look like IRB/Godking-wannabe, offering nothing but promising to contribute to instruction/procedure creep.

--

Piotr Konieczny, PhD
http://hanyang.academia.edu/PiotrKonieczny