Australian outreach events generally edit Australian content. Other
Australian editors are likely to be on the watch list and are likely to be
in the timezone. And plenty of non-Australian editors are sitting in their
pyjamas at all hours of the day and night waiting to pounce. Believe me, new
editors encounter other editors very quickly (although sometimes they don't
realise it). They often think it "rude" that other people are editing the
article "while I am in the middle of working on it". Their mental model of
collaborative editing is like a shared lawn mower. You have sole use for a
while; then it is passed on to the next person.

Not sure I can help you with London editathons. But I do have a couple of
edit training days coming up in Oakey, Queensland in a few weeks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakey,_Queensland

Kerry

  _____