Mako Hill and Aaron Shaw wrote a paper which combined a 2008 WMF survey
with Pew Research to try to find a less biased estimation of the Wikipedia
gender gap. Their paper is titled "The Wikipedia Gender Gap Revisited:
Characterizing Survey Response Bias with Propensity Score Estimation", and
is at
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0065782#pone-0065782-t002
.

It's not a perfect fit for eliminating the bias to participate in editor
surveys, but it's a step toward a more realistic value for the gender gap
(although it's still pretty bleak - with only 16% of gobal editors
estimated to be female).

Best,
Jeremy

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com