Hi everybody,

We’re preparing for the August 2015 research newsletter and looking for
contributors. Please take a look at: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201508
and add your name next to any paper you are interested in covering. We
encourage reviews of individual papers/posters from the just ended OpenSym 2015
conference. Our target publication date is Wednesday August 26 UTC. As usual,
short notes and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.

Highlights from this month:

An Analysis of the Application of Wikipedia Corpus on the Lexical Learning in
the Second Language Acquisition
Cultural Anthropology through the Lens of Wikipedia: Historical Leader
Networks, Gender Bias, and News-based Sentiment
Wikipedia in Education: Acculturation and learning in virtual communities
Exploiting Wikipedia for Information Retrieval Tasks
Analysing Wiki Quality using Probabilistic Model Checking
An Exploratory Study of Free / Libre / Open Source Software Organizations
WikiSERM: Wikipedia Vandalism Detection Through Sequential Event Risk Measure
Enabling Complex Wikipedia Queries - Technical Report
Policies For The Production Of Contents In The Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia
Validity Claims Of Information In Face Of Authority Of The Argumention Wikipedia
What Works Well With Wikidata?
Management and the Future of Open Collaboration
GLAWI, a free XML-encoded Machine-Readable Dictionary built from the French
Wiktionary
DBpedia Commons: Structured Multimedia Metadata from the Wikimedia Commons
Automatically Expanding the Synonym Set of SNOMED CT using Wikipedia
Content Volatility of Scientific Topics in Wikipedia: A Cautionary Tale
Automated News Suggestions for Populating Wikipedia Entity Pages
A Comparative Survey of DBpedia, Freebase, OpenCyc, Wikidata, and YAGO
Networked Knowledge: Approaches to Analyzing Dynamic Networks of Knowledge in
Wikis for Mass Collaboration
IWNLP: Inverse Wiktionary for Natural Language
Detecting Vandalism on Wikipedia across Multiple Languages

If you have any question about the format or process feel free to get in touch
off-list.

Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Newsletter