Super !

Congratulation!

Nicolas

Le 01/12/2015 02:27, Dario Taraborelli a écrit :
We just published an announcement on the Wikimedia blog marking the
official launch of revision scoring as a service
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Revision_scoring_as_a_service> and
I wanted to say a few words about this project:

Blog post:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/11/30/artificial-intelligence-x-ray-specs/
Docs on Meta: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ORES

First off: what’s revision scoring
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Revision_scoring_as_a_service#Rationale>?
On the surface, it’s a set of open APIs allowing you to automatically
“score” any edit and measure their probability of being damaging or
good-faith contributions. The real goal behind this project, though, is
to fix the damage indirectly caused by vandal-fighting bots and tools on
good-faith contributors and to bring back a collaborative dimension to
how we do quality control on Wikipedia. I invite you to read the whole
blog post
<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/11/30/artificial-intelligence-x-ray-specs/> if
you want to know more about the motivations and expected outcome of this
project.

I am thrilled this project is coming to fruition and I’d like to
congratulate Aaron Halfaker
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/User:Ahalfaker> and all the
project contributors
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Revision_scoring_as_a_service#Team> on
hitting this big milestone: revision scoring started as Aaron’s side
project well over a year ago and it has been co-designed (as in –
literally – conceived, implemented, tested, improved and finally
adopted) by a distributed team of volunteer developers, editors, and
researchers. We worked with volunteers in 14 different Wikipedia
language editions and as of today revision scores are integrated
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Revision_scoring_as_a_service#Tools_that_use_ORES>
 in
the workflow of several quality control interfaces, WikiProjects and 3rd
party tools. The project would not have seen the light without the
technical support provided by the TechOps team (Yuvi in particular) and
seminal funding provided by the WMF IEG program and Wikimedia Germany.

So, here you go: the next time someone tells you that LLAMAS GROW ON
TREES
<https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=prev&oldid=642215410> you can
confidently tell them they should stop damaging
<http://ores.wmflabs.org/scores/enwiki/damaging/642215410/> Wikipedia.

Dario
*

*
*Dario Taraborelli *Head of Research,Wikimedia Foundation
wikimediafoundation.org <http://wikimediafoundation.org/>• nitens.org
<http://nitens.org/> • @readermeter <http://twitter.com/readermeter>

Maître de Conférences (HDR) / Associate Professor.
LUSSI - iSchool, M@rsouin-ICI. Institut TELECOM Bretagne & UEB
In charge of the Master "Information Systems Project Management and Consulting"
http://www.telecom-bretagne.eu/studies/msc/information-systems-management/
Co-animator of the "ICT and Society" Institut Mines-Telecom's research network

http://nicolas-jullien.lussi-ischool.eu/
Skype: Nicolas.Jullien1
Tel +33 (0) 229 001 245
TELECOM Bretagne, Technopôle Brest Iroise CS 83818
29238 BREST CEDEX 3