Hey folks,

I just wanted to share a quick writeup that Andrew Lih did about using ORES
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Objective_Revision_Evaluation_Service>'
article quality prediction model in the classroom to help students see the
impact of their work in Wikipedia.  See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fuzheado/ORES_experiment

Some quotes from the writeup:

“Yay!"

> “Alright!"
>
> "I feel like we’re part of a secret computer club!"
>

> [...] having students excited and experiencing that instant dopamine hit
> when editing articles is a breath of fresh air when pleasurable
> interactions seem to be less frequent today than in Wikipedia’s early days.

One important note is that I had *no idea* ORES would be used in this way.
In a lot of ways, that's the point of building infrastructure like this --
to empower others to enact their own values.

-Aaron