Jon,

At the October Metrics and Activities meeting, you asked for feedback
on the Related Articles feature. Please have a look at this:
http://i.imgur.com/2aujFL7.png

The Making Work Pay Tax Credit was a provision of the Emergency
Economic Stabilization Act of 2008; possibly the most effective
provision responsible for ending and reversing the recession. And
perhaps for that reason, Republicans in Congress refused to renew it
in 2010 during the same series of negotiations in which they refused
to advance the infrastructure bills which did not pass from 2010 until
this year. I believe that the Making Work Pay Tax Credit is fully in
line with the Foundation's Mission and stated public policy
objectives, and so I have recommended that the Foundation endorse it:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/publicpolicy/2016-September/001527.html

The FairTax is a flat tax which is considered very popular among
Libertarians and Objectivists. However, it has never had much
congressional support, likely because nearly all economists think it
would lead to ruin because it is so regressive. Libertarian
presidential candidate Gary Johnson recently became very upset when
asked by a British newspaper reporter about this subject:
https://youtu.be/vvULsrjLdI4?t=3m12s

Do you think FairTax is a useful related article to suggest to people
interested in the Making Work Pay Tax Credit?

To what extent does systemic bias towards fringe Libertarian and
Objectivist economics influence the Related Articles feature?