* This is a bit tricky for non registered users as they are anonymous, so 2
or more people may share the same IP.
* Having said it, you can access the revision table[1], or get all the
revision from dumps and query for it with
select rev_user_text, YEAR(rev_timestamp), count(*) from revision where
rev_user=0 group by rev_user_text, YEAR(rev_timestamp)

(replace year with the required granularity[3])

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Revision_table
[2] https://dumps.wikimedia.org/
[3] https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/date-and-time-functions.html