I can understand the hypothesis whether longer school articles would attract
more enrolments, but I am a bit bemused about the medical hypothesis whether
longer articles about a disease would cause more people to have it or at least
be diagnosed with it. What exactly is the medical hypothesis here? Is it
relating to treatment articles or drug articles?

As for the ethics, if the information added to an article (school or medical)
seeks to be accurate and satisfies the normal requirements (citations, NPOV,
NOR, COI, etc), so what? Does it matter if it's done by a research project or
done by anybody else? Do we know who did every edit on those articles currently
or why?

It's pretty clearly an ethical problem to add incorrect information. I can see
a possible ethical issue if one article was updated with good quality
contributions and another was done in a deliberately sloppy way, to test a
difference.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad