Hi Bowen,

If you are going to promote wikiprojects by recommendation then you need to
test different styles of recommendation. Taking what may still be the two
biggest wikiprojects, MILHIST and professional wrestling, what worked as an
invitation for either might be quite different than what would work for Opera
or chemistry. Tone of voice is important when you are seeking to entice
volunteers.

You also need to allow for the effect of different existing recruitment
programs. These tend to be subtle, but they will vary, and that variation could
mask your project. The most obvious recruitment is via wikiproject tagging of
articles, and that isn't necessarily done by people who are active in the
project concerned.

Regards

Jonathan