I did some research together with Dario on whether MoodBar had a positive
effect on retention. The findings were positive and were presented at CSCW
in 2015:

https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2675181&CFID=957153849&CFTOKEN=56379720
(arxiv
link here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1409.1496)

My only concern is whether somebody wanted to replicate the results of that
paper; I haven't received any such request so far. And I guess that all
those who could be possibly interested in doing so would probably be on
this list anyway. So I guess that if there is no objection I am OK with the
deletion too.

Cheers

Giovanni

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 4:16 PM Dan Andreescu <dandree...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Forwarding this to more research people.  In case anyone needs to do
> research on moodbar, get in touch with us, those tables will be deleted
> otherwise.

> Hello!
>
> This is an FYI that ModBar extension has been undeployed and, as such, its
> tables will be removed from all wikis.  See https://phabricator.wikimedia.
> org/T153033
>
> It looks like this extension sprang some interest in the past [1] and there
> were some research projects about it. Please let us know (before August
> 7th) whether we should keep the tables for any reason.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Nuria
>

> [1]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:MoodBar/First_month_of_activity