Thanks, Federico. Do you mean that examining gender bias is more relevant
to google than wikipedia? Or necessary before any work can be done here?
I'm not sure that I fully understand what you are saying, but I would like
to.

In a cursory look at the top 10 wikipedia citations (
https://medium.com/freely-sharing-the-sum-of-all-knowledge/what-are-the-ten-most-cited-sources-on-wikipedia-lets-ask-the-data-34071478785a),
I noticed that the bulk of the occurrences of three of the ten (#4-6)
appear on bswiki (almost exclusively). From a few observations, it also
seems possible that a bot has surfaced these three texts on many (perhaps
even thousands) of pages in a "Literatura" section. I do not know what the
effect of such a surfacing would be--either through human or tech/search
discovery, perhaps it is small--but when I think of Jane's story--that she
hand-fixes missing second authors--while these male authors are pounded
into pages with such ease, I feel heartbroken. These three books may be
wonderful, but I strongly suspect there are other books that are also
wonderful, with no bot behind them.

In other news, it has been brought to my attention that responding to the
digest version of the list is problematic for a number of reasons. My
apologies! I did not realize this. I have adjusted my settings.

Greg