Commoners used to draw on Wikipedia as an outstanding example of commons
goods, but Wikipedians usually do not refer to Ostrom's works or even
'The tragedy of the Commons', etc. We mostly draw on hacker's pamphlets
such as Eric S. Raymond and  John Perry Barlow. At least in the
German-speaking community we aim at setting knowledge free by literally
writing it down into Wikipedia. The licences allowing for commercial use
of Wikipedia are a case in point. They are mostly seen as a strange
phenomenon that was imposed upon us from the anglo-saxon world, but they
do not fit the continental point of view as there should not be a
commercial context for 'free' goods created for everyone. So, after all,
Sébastien, I think you have found one of the community's touchy spots
that are worth thinking about. Unfortunately, I do not remember a study
about the topic. So there is room for one still.

Best regards,
Jürgen.