Hi all,

We just launched [[WM:Techblog]] <https://techblog.wikimedia.org/>, a new
place to share stories from the Wikimedia technical community with the
world. Yay!

We created this venue to provide a central place for people to share
stories about the technical work that they do— like:

   -

   How to run a top ten website that is all Open Source?
   -

   How do we make our codebase more modular and future-proof?
   -

   How do we come together to work on technical projects?
   -

   How to develop a product for many different languages?
   -

   How do new tools and bots help run Wikimedia projects?
   -

   What can we learn from data science and research?
   -

   And, much more…

Check out these posts for examples:

Computational knowledge: Wikidata, Wikidata query Service, and women who
are mayors!
<https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2020/03/24/computational-knowledge-wikidata-wikidata-query-service-and-women-who-are-mayors/>
By Trey Jones

Parsoid in PHP, or There and Back Again
<https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2020/03/24/parsoid-in-php-or-there-and-back-again/>,
By S.Subramanya Sastry and C.Scott Ananian

Wikimedia projects have many intersections with the larger Open Source
community. It’s our hope that the technical blog will create more
visibility and conversations and provide information to a wider audience of
people who are interested in our work.

If you are interested in writing a blog post, read the editorial guidelines
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_technical_blog_editorial_guidelines>
to learn about what would make a good story and how to get published! We
manage the process of reviewing and publishing posts here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/Technical-blog-posts

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making the blog possible. There were
many!

For the WM Techblog team,

Sarah R. Rodlund
Technical Writer, Developer Advocacy