When it comes to understanding relationships between multiple language
editions, I think that Bao et al.'s work on Omnipedia has a bunch of great
insights for how to think about and measure relationships between content
in different editions.

Bao, P., Hecht, B., Carton, S., Quaderi, M., Horn, M., & Gergle, D. (2012).
Omnipedia: Bridging the wikipedia language gap. *Proceedings of the 2012
ACM Annual Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems*, 1075–1084.
https://doi.org/10.1145/2208516.2208553