Hi Sam at Megaputer,

Sorry that it took a long while to get back to you. We talked about
your question in the Research office hour today and Isaac mentioned
that we have an open thread from you here as well. Here are the
instructions:

My understanding is that you're requesting the researcher flag for the
English Wikipedia. In this case, you should contact the English
Wikipedia community directly as they handle the requests. Send a
message to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(miscellaneous)
and refer to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:User_access_levels#Researcher
as the access right you're requesting. You will need to describe your
project and if it is intended to help improve Wikimedia projects,
please highlight that.

Good luck!
Leila