Qgil added a comment.

Have you tried to reproduce? I have, and found no problems creating tasks. See
T581 and T582, both created by a user not member of Triagers, the first one
assigning the task to someone, the second to nobody.

The problematic side effect that I'm aware of is the creation of subtasks,
because they carry the priority of the mother task, and this is seen as
Phabricator as an attempt to change priority, which is a policy currently
limited to Triagers.

I still think that Triagers is beneficial, even if the current sample of users
in Phabricator (99% advanced users) might think otherwise. We can discuss this
point in an own task if you wish.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T576

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: Qgil
Cc: wikibugs-l, mmodell, Qgil, chasemp, Spage, Aklapper, jeremyb