Joe added a subscriber: Joe.
Joe added a comment.

I agree with petrb, although I think we should write a script that fetches
comments text from the db, sanitize it in a sane language (not SQL), and update
the comment.

Should be easy doable and it's probably the right thing to do - but!

Did you check if those chars are in fact spurious and the result of some funky
encoding on the client? Or some strange encoding/collation combination on the
db?

I'd rather fix this at the data source level than doing patches to the output
program.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T815

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: Joe
Cc: wikibugs-l, chasemp, Dzahn, QChris, Aklapper, Qgil, luser, Amire80, jayvdb,
Liuxinyu970226, Petrb, ttkciar, Joe