MZMcBride added a comment.

Re-numbering Phabricator tasks seems needlessly painful.

I kind of assumed that bug 1 would map to whichever task number was next
available at time of import and that every subsequent imported Bugzilla bug
would get the next available task number sequentially (e.g., bug 1 --> task
982, bug 10 --> task 991, etc.). A sequential import allows for a much easier
translation between the two systems (in this example scenario, you'd simply add
or subtract 981).

But even a non-sequential import is probably fine as long as the user is
properly redirected. The issue here is that we cannot break links. Whether bug
1 maps to task 1 or task 982 doesn't really matter to me, personally.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T857

REPLY HANDLER ACTIONS
  Reply to comment or attach files, or !close, !claim, !unsubscribe or !assign
<username>.

To: MZMcBride
Cc: Jdforrester-WMF, chasemp, Qgil, Chad, Aklapper, Nemo_bis, Ricordisamoa,
Revi, scfc, He7d3r, MZMcBride, jeremyb, wikibugs-l