Hi Andreas,

thanks for the input. I have drafted the current text about geo-related datatypes, but I am far from being an expert in this area. Our mapping expert in Wikidata is Katie (Aude), who has also been working with OpenStreetMap, but further expert input on this topic would be quite valuable.

As in all areas, we need to find a balance between generality and usability, so I am slightly in favour of committing to one SR for now (as I understand, the data can be converted easily between SRs but -- as opposed to other cases where people measure something -- most of the world seems to be happy with one of them).

I have now included a link to this thread into an editorial remark in the data model, so we do not forget about this discussion when working out the details.

Markus