On 06.04.2012 14:28, Martynas Jusevicius wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> "getting over" wasn't meant to be harsh. I was hoping though "wiki" in
> "Wikidata" stands for a the broader concept of "free and open", and
> not a particular syntax for encoding knowledge.

Dear Martynas

As stated in the proposal, we do not plan to use wiki syntax to encode the data.
The proposal identifies json as the most likely candidate for serializing data
records, but that's just an implementation detail on the backend, the user will
never see this. All input will be done using forms.

For export, I expect several formats to be available, at least one of them based
on a mapping to RDF.

Personally, I believe RDF is a very important standard for allowing data from
different sources to be combined and re-used. That does not mean however that it
is necessarily the best data model to use *inside* an application. I believe
this is often not the case. RDF is an intentionally simple mode. This makes it
easy to mix and match data from different sources using different standards, but
it also makes it hard to represent certain types of data efficiently or
conveniently.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler, Softwarearchitekt

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Eisenacher Straße 2 | 10777 Berlin
http://wikimedia.de  | Tel. (030) 219 158 260

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt
für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.