On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have some questions/remarks on the "Complete Datamodel in WON" section
> Markus wrote up yesterday:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata/Data_model#Complete_Datamodel_in_WON

[snip]

> > GeoCoordinatesValue :=      'GeoCoordinatesValue(' decimal decimal
> decimal ')'
>
> Altitude is probably something we will not have in many cases, so I think
> this ought to be optional. Another optional argument would be the globe to
> which the coordinates belong.

Agree and there should be a default coordinate system such as EPSG:4326 (
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4326/).

> Different globes have different ways of measuring coordinates, so a
> specific set of coordinates that is valid on one might mean something else
> on another and simply be invalid on a third.

Agree with that.

And I think it should be GeoCoordinateValue, not GeoCoordinatesValue.

Cheers,
Katie

> Cheers
>
> --
> Jeroen De Dauw
> http://www.bn2vs.com
> Don't panic. Don't be evil.
> --

Katie Filbert
Wikidata Developer

Wikimedia Germany e.V. | NEW: Obentrautstr. 72 | 10963 Berlin
Phone (030) 219 158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

Wikimedia Germany - Society for the Promotion of free knowledge eV Entered
in the register of Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg under the number 23
855 as recognized as charitable by the Inland Revenue for corporations I
Berlin, tax number 27/681/51985.