Hi,

Bernardo Najlis <b52....@gmail.com> schrieb:

>My name is Bernardo and I work as a Business Intelligence Consultant in
>Toronto, Canada. I've been reading pretty much everything about
>WikiData
>over the past few days, and I'm really excited about this project! I
>would
>love to participate and collaborate in developing tools to bring data
>from
>external sources, particularly the vast open data sets that are so
>common
>right now.

First of all the priority lies on data already present on Wikipedia. Wikidata
should not be a data storage for everything structured in the world, so we
should first start to transfer data already present on Wikipedia to Wikidata.

External data-sources will be interested as well and for sure but the purpose
of wikidata is still cenralizing of what we already have.

>I have some questions about the project and how can I participate, that
>you
>might be able to help me with:
>
>1) I know the data import is planned for a future phase 2. Do you think
>it
>would be useful to start working on some of that now?

At the moment I think there is nothing ready of this phase for beeing tested.
You could participate here on discussing models for implementation.

>2) I also learned that you guys had a round
>table<http://wikidataroundtable.eventbrite.com/>on June 21 about this
>topic (wish I could have known about Wikidata and
>been there!) but I couldn't find what the outcome of that discussion
>was.
>Is there anywhere where I can find what was discussed there?
>
>3) Is there anyone else on the list working on the subject of how to
>bring
>data in? I have some ideas on the subject, but again, don't know if
>this is
>too early in the project.

You got it, it is too early talking about data-bots. Phase 1 had just been
released. Actually there are many use-cases I could think of. But there are
many others for sure as well ;-)

At the moment you could help fixing bugs, testing everything recently released
(e.g. http://wikidata.org)

Marco