Hello all,

Wikidata has grown rapidly the past weeks, a community of users is active now,
and we are just in the beginning of Wikidata, but still already tremendous work
already has been done with all the items with interwiki's added. We all have
picked up Wikidata enthusiastic, and I think we all want to get further with it
very much. The project fits the needs of the communities very much.

My personal background is to translate and explain the technical stuff to users
on wiki's, and return the feedback to the developers, as most users consider
bugzilla and technical things far far far away.

The weekly summary is great to have, but for more transparency it would be nice
to have a time line, or otherwise a clear (expected) date when the next big
change will be (like with the deployment of new MediaWiki versions). Reading
the e-mails and reading on meta, I almost only see the technical changes which
are coming, but for the communities on Wikidata and Wikipedia's it would be
great to know when the next step in content adding will be possible.

Also it would be nice to have a list of those things that will be possible in
the future, but have no date yet to be implemented. The reason for this is
double:
* On local communities I notice a lot of stories, fables and myths of how
Wikidata will be in future, but often with no ground.
* Also there are a lot of things that would have potential on Wikidata. Yes
sure, I can add it to Wikidata:Contact_the_development_team but already my last
comment is archived somewhere and out of sight.

I think it would be good to make clear which specific content additions will be
possible in future. I think we should have a list which states what content
will be in next deployment and what content will be later on. I read somewhere
about Link_FA, Link_GA, but also IMDb, IBDB, VIAF, but also of course Commons.
A lot others are too on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Authority_control

Currently VIAF is in discussion and willing to be added on some wiki's, but
with Wikidata it can be done much easier. Any plans for it?

Romaine