Spin off from the "Phase 1" thread.

2013/1/29 Magnus Manske <magnusman...@googlemail.com>:
> Why not just block the bots on wikis that use wikidata?

This looks like the right thing to me, but I don't want to be too rude
to the bot operators and I do want the bots to keep doing useful
things.

Imagine the scenario:
* Wikidata Client is deployed to the Hebrew Wikipedia.
* I remove interlanguage links from the Hebrew Wikipedia article
[[ASCII]], an item for which is available in the Wikidata Repo (
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q8815 ).
** The article is supposed to show the links brought from Wikidata now.
* After some time User:LovelyBot adds the links back.
* I block User:LovelyBot.

Now what do I say to User:Lovely?

A: Stop changing interlanguage links on the Hebrew Wikipedia. We have
Wikidata now.
B: Update your pywikipedia bot configuration (or version). We have
Wikidata now, and your bot must not touch articles that get the
interlanguage links from the Wikidata repo.

I prefer option B, but can pywikipediabot indeed identify that the
links in the article are coming from Wikidata? And are there interwiki
bots that are not using the pywikipediabot infrastructure?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬