Michael, that's really closely in line with what I was thinking.  Why
don't you take a crack at improving
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Beyond_categories?

I am not sure if this is just a crazy pipe dream or not, but I can't
help but be a little bit excited at the possibility that it might
actually get done, and I think it would be a huge improvement.