Good to know:

* The Dutch Wikipedia had on its own more than 14.000 interwikiconflicts. I
have created weeks ago on nl-wiki a project page where all those interwiki
conflicts are mentioned and users started to clean up those conflicts.
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Interwikiconflicten_oplossen
Thanks to a botowner I was able to have such list, but this should have been
made easy with a tool! + for every Wikipedia!

* Besides interwikiconflicts there are also a lot of pages on which users added
one interwiki with the creation of the page, but after years it appears that no
bot has ever put the interwiki to that page on the other language version + if
there were interwikis on that page in another language that those interwikis
wern't placed on the newly created page by a bot.

* I also notice that if interwikis were connected between pages on several
Wikipedias, that not on every language variant all interwikis had been placed
by bot, but only some of them...
This has as result that with the moving of interwikis from the local articles
to Wikidata, that if the bot is focussed on a certain project - which does not
have all the interwikis - the bot also doesn't move all the interwikis from
pages in another language but only moved the ones which were there on the focus
project.

* A lot of bots have/had difficulties with synonyms of namespaces. On other
language versions of Wikipedia, the template namespace for example has besides
the local name also the generic "Template" name. If someone added an interwiki
with the non-local namespace, the bots have ignored them. This also counted for
changes in the namespace name on a wiki.

* I almost fully cleaned the template namespace from many left interwikis. I
think I will continue with the category namespace next. I noticed that users
from other Wikipedias also want to clean up their articles and other namespaces
from local interwiki's, but they miss the tools!

* On a lot of projects the templates for infoboxes and others have sub pages
like /doc where interwikis are added. Mostly the interwikis are already on
Wikidata, but still are the interwikis also local on the /doc page. Users on
various projects need a tool to know where this is the case and/or a bot is
needed which is able to remove all these interwikis from these subpages if the
core page already has these interwikis on Wikidata.

* On a lot of projects there are permanently projected pages which have
interwikis on them. These should also be removed from these pages and moved to
Wikidata. The local communities need a tool to know which projected pages still
have interwikis that can be removed from these pages.

* I also notice that a lot of island groups of interwikis are on Wikidata. An
island group of interwikis means that a certain subject has two items on
Wikidata (with two groups of interwikis) while it should have only one item. We
need a tool which can suggest which two items may be the same.

* Also many pages do not have any interwikis, nor locally, nor in Wikidata,
while there are articles about that same subject in other languages.
Communities need tools to detect those articles to be able to connect those
pages to those on other language Wikipedias.
** Some years ago we had a user who had created a tool which suggested for
categories a possible interwiki, if the category was like Category:<subject in
country>. What the tool did was, it checked the interwikis of the categories
the category was in, compared the names, checked for the existing of that
category and then suggested it to the user who had to check and decide.

Hack on one of these...

Let us complete the first phase properly please.

Romaine