On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM, legoktm <legoktm.wikipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Denny,
> I'm really excited to see a sister project getting included, however I'm
> concerned that the community needs a bit more time and notice (I didn't see
> anything about this on WD:PC). When importing interwiki links for
> Wikipedias, we had a few months before they were used on client sites. The
> proposed schedule gives our bots ~3 days to import a majority of links,
> which I don't think is enough time. A whole week would be much better in my
> opinion.
> I've also started a page on-wiki to help coordinate the migration:
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Wikivoyage_migration

Hey :)

There is no rush and absolutely no need to have all links migrated by
the time it is turned on. The existing links in the wikitext  will
continue to work just fine just like they do on Wikipedia. It is
absolutely fine to make this a slow migration. Please let me announce
this properly in the appropriate channels when the dates are settled.

Cheers
Lydia

Community Communications for Technical Projects

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Obentrautstr. 72
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de