I just send an Email to the wikidata-tech mailing list on this topic of
using data value types and property data types, and on using the string
value or IRI value for the URL datatype.

I would very much appreciate input there. The latter decision has to happen
rather quickly (if we are not to move the URL datatype once more), the
former decision has a bit more time but should be made soonish.

Thank you for your input so far, and sorry for changing mailing lists, but
I think wikidata-tech is more appropriate.

Cheers,
Denny

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de