Am 05.11.2013 01:12, schrieb David Cuenca:
> Yes, that would be it: one work-item (acting as hub), x edition items
> connected
> to the work-item, each edition-item connected to its corresponding Wikisource
> page with a sitelink and, on Wikisource, an auto-generated nav bar that lists
> all sitelinks from all edition-items on the left (equivalent to the current
> interwiki link list). If there is more than one edition per language "author
> citation (P835)" or "author (P50)" value can be shown next to the language
> name.
> For connecting works with editions we already have "edition (P747)" and
> "edition
> of (P629)".

OK, I think I understand now: the issue is that Wikisource wants language links
on edition pages not from that edition's data item (since an edition can
generally only exist in one language anyway), but wants to use the items of
different editions of the same work in different languages to generate language
links.

A long as there is only one edition per language, this would work: Lua could
generate the corresponding language links (we may have to tweak the lua binding
a bit, but that should not be a problem).

However, MediaWiki only supports one link per target site in the sidebar.

Maybe an on-page navigation box could be used instead of "proper" language
links?

With the help of JavaScript, the contents of that nav box could then be moved
into the sidebar. That's a bit hackish, but would work ok, I think.

> On Wikisource I don't think it is necessary to have always a "work page", this
> only happens when there is more than one edition for any given language.

I think it would be a good idea to always have that, for consistency and
structural integrity.

> The
> most important part is to automate the creation of a work-item on Wikidata
> whenever is needed to link one edition to another (same or different
> languages)
> and, of course, show the generated nav bar on all edition pages .

That should be done by a bot.

> Wikipedia(s) will be connected to the work-items as usual. "Template:Infobox
> book" needs some work to be able to show work- and edition-item data. I have
> started a proposal for this task as a possible Code-In, but maybe the second
> part needs arbitrary item access.
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Code-In#Lua_templates

nice!

-- daniel