On 09/04/14 13:18, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
Hi Denny, hi Daniel, hi all,

Welcome to Java :-) (more useful answers below)

Following popular demand ;-), I have now created a new documentation section "Beginner's guide" [1] that takes you step-by-step through setting up your very first Maven project in Eclipse and configuring it to use Wikidata Toolkit.

A relevant remark that had been missing on the documentation pages is that you really must use Java 1.7 or above. Probably a no-brainer for most users today, but annoying if you happen to run on older Java versions (which won't make sense of the code without being able to tell you the real reason).

Cheers,

Markus

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Toolkit#Beginner.27s_guide