Hi all,
What I don't understand is the need to keep all labels blank until
they are updated by hand. Especially for biographical articles, it
would be nice to have original spellings of the person's name, even if
it's Chinese or something else really far away from English. That
might serve as a prompt to people to update the label more than blank,
no? Take a look at this person:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q11287651

There are so many variants in spelling of the name, but I consider
them all correct, depending on the source. In the case of historical
people, can't a bot go through and update the labels so that queries
will return something? Anything is better than blank, I think.
Jane