On 11/06/14 19:52, Maximilian Klein wrote:
Excellent work Markus. Your tools are helping me to debunk bad science
the world over[1].
Keep up the great work.

Thanks :-)

Max

PS. By the way, if you do stack overflow you may want to chime in on
this purpose-built question[2].

I lost my account when my OpenId-provider ClaimId stopped providing OpenIds ... if anybody knows how to recover these ids, drop me a line :-p

Markus

[1]
https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/wikipedia-mining-algorithm-reveals-the-most-influential-people-in-35-centuries-of-human-history-ede5ef827b76
[2]
http://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/107/when-will-the-wikidata-database-be-available-for-download/

Max Klein
‽ http://notconfusing.com/

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Markus Krötzsch
<mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org <mailto:mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>>
wrote:

    Dear all,

    I am happy to announce the second release of Wikidata Toolkit [1],
    the Java library for programming with Wikidata and Wikibase. This
    release fixes bugs and improves features of the first release
    (download, parse, process Wikidata exports) and it adds new
    components for serializing JSON and RDF exports for Wikidata. A
    separate announcement regarding the RDF exports will be sent shortly.

    Maven users can get the library directly from Maven Central (see
    [1]); this is the preferred method of installation. There is also an
    all-in-one JAR at github [2] and of course the sources [3].

    Version 0.2.0 is still in alpha. For the next release, we will focus
    on the following tasks:

    * Faster loading of Wikibase dumps + support for the new JSON format
    that will be used in the dumps soon
    * Support for storing and querying data after loading it
    * Initial steps towards storing data in a binary format after loading it

    Feedback is welcome. Developers are also invited to contribute via
    github.

    Cheers,

    Markus

    [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/__wiki/Wikidata_Toolkit
    <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Toolkit>
    [2] https://github.com/Wikidata/__Wikidata-Toolkit/releases
    <https://github.com/Wikidata/Wikidata-Toolkit/releases>
    (you'll also need to install the third party dependencies manually
    when using this)
    [3] https://github.com/Wikidata/__Wikidata-Toolkit/
    <https://github.com/Wikidata/Wikidata-Toolkit/>