Hi Gerard,

On 13/06/14 11:08, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
Hoi,
When you leave out qualifiers, you will find that Ronald Reagan was
never president of the United States and only an actor. Yes, omitting
the statements with qualifiers is wrong but as a consequence the total
of the information is wrong as well.

I do not see the point of this functionality. It is wrong any way I look
at it. Without qualifiers information is wrong. Without statements
information is wrong and without the items involved the information is
incomplete and wrong.

As I see it you cannot win. Including this type of RDF export produces
something that I fail to see serves any purpose or it is the purpose
that you can.

Surely, Wikidata will never be complete. There will always be some statements missing. If we would follow your reasoning, the data would therefore never be of any use. I think this is a bit drastic.

Anyway, why argue? If you don't like the simplified exports, just use the full ones. We clearly say that "simplified" is not "faithful", and we have a detailed documentation about what is in each of the files. So it does not seem likely that people will be confused.

Best regards,

Markus