I'm intensely interested in links to shapefiles from databases such as
Wikidata,  DBpedia and Freebase.  In particular I'd like to get Natural
Earth hooked up

http://www.naturalearthdata.com/

It's definitely a weakness of current generic databases that they use the
'point GIS' model that is so popular in the social media world.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Magnus Manske <magnusman...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> We don't have shapefiles yet, but a lot of property types such as
> geographic coordinates (as in, one per item, ideally...), external
> identifiers (e.g. VIAF), dates, etc.
>
> A (reasonably) simple way to mass-add statements to Wikidata is this tool:
> http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/quick_statements.php
>
> A combination of spreadsheet apps, shell commands, and/or a good text
> editor should allow you to convert many CSVs into the tool's input format.
>
> Cheers,
> Magnus
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Brylie Christopher Oxley <
> bry...@gnumedia.org> wrote:
>
>> I would like to contribute data to Wikidata that is in the form of CSV
>> files,
>> geospatial shapefiles, etc.
>>
>> Is there currently, or planned, functionality to store general structured
>> data
>> on Wikidata?
>> --
>> Brylie Christopher Oxley
>> http://gnumedia.org

Paul Houle
Expert on Freebase, DBpedia, Hadoop and RDF
(607) 539 6254    paul.houle on Skype   ontolo...@gmail.com