> For articles that are really about multiple different things that cannot
> be reconciled in a single natural concept:
>
> * State "intance of:Wikipedia article with multiple topics" (we already
> have several other classes of Wikipedia articles).
> * Use some property, say "has topic", to link to items about the
> individual topics.
> * Optionally: use a property like "subject of" (P805) to link back from
> the individual items to the multi-topic pages.

Can we make do without annotation statements like "instance of: Wikipedia
page with multiple topics"?  In my opinion, such statements would
unnecessarily clutter a significant portion of our items and would be
better inferred by the presence of *subject of* (P805) claims.  I think
it's better to reserve *instance of* for talk about the essence of the
subject itself.

The closest inverse property for* subject of* is probably *facet of*
(P1269).

Example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoan_Clipper

See https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q7409943 for an initial pass at modelling
that.

Note how that Wikipedia page says "The aircraft developed an engine problem
(caused by an oil leak)", which ultimately caused the in-flight explosion.
We currently have no generic way to model causes.  Coincidentally enough, I
just posted a detailed/long-winded proposal to address that.  Please see
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property_talk:P828#A_better_way_to_model_causation
and give any feedback there!

Cheers,
Eric