Am 13.10.2014 00:17, schrieb Jane Darnell:
> I think the place for all data about an image should be Wikidata.

Do you really mean *any* image?

E.g., if we have a scan of an old book with 50 engravings, do you want to make a
wikidata item for each engraving? Or just for the book? Engravings are often
simple illustrations, not notable of and by themselves, and there is frequently
very little we can say about them, except for which book they were published in.

It seems to me that it makes more sense to just model the book on Wikidata, not
each illustration (or even every page, including the text-only ones, in case
they are extracted to a png file or something).

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.