Martynas,

Denny is right. You could set up a Virtuoso endpoint based on our RDF exports. This would be quite nice to have. That's one important reason why we created the exports, and I really hope we will soon see this happening. We are dealing here with a very large project, and the decision for or against a technology is not just a matter of our personal preference. If RDF can demonstrate added value, then there will surely be resources to further extend the support for it. So far, we are in the lead: we provide close to one billion (!) triples Wikidata knowledge to the world. So far, there is no known use of this data. We need to go step by step: some support from us, some practical usage from the RDF community, some more support from us, ...

In reply to your initial email, Martynas, I have to say that you seem to have very little knowledge about what is going on in Wikidata. If you would follow the development reports more closely, you would know that most of the work is going into components that RDF does not replace at all. Querying with SPARQL is nice, but we are still more focussed on UI issues, history management, infrastructure integration (such as pushing changes to other sites), and many more things which are completely unrelated to RDF in every way. Your suggestion that a single file format would somehow magically make the construction of one of the world-largest community-edited knowledge bases a piece of cake is just naive.

Now don't get me wrong: naive thinking has it's place in Wikidata -- it's always naive to try what others consider impossible -- but it should be combined with some positive, forward thinking attitude. I hope that our challenge to show the power of RDF to us can unleash some positive energies in you :-) I am looking forward to your results (and happy to help if you need some more details about the RDF dumps etc.).

Best wishes,

Markus