On 08.01.2015 18:38, Denny Vrandečić wrote:
Yes, CC-BY is great.

Good. I have officially released the article text under this license now:

https://korrekt.org/page/Wikidata:_A_Free_Collaborative_Knowledgebase

Cheers,

Markus

On Thu Jan 08 2015 at 7:01:12 AM Markus Krötzsch
<mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org <mailto:mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>>
wrote:

    On 08.01.2015 15:10, ja...@j1w.xyz wrote:
     > Prior to viewing Markus Krötzsch's Wikidata page, I was unaware
    of the
     > "Wikidata: A Free Collaborative Knowledgebase" article [1] written by
     > Denny Vrandečić and Markus Krötzsch.  This is a very helpful article
     > that in my opinion should be featured on the Wikidata main page.

    Glad you liked it. Checking the Wikidata item, I notice that it is
    actually Open Access and not "all rights reserved". It is available for
    free ("forever") from the ACM [1], but it seems they do not define any
    license. However, as we have retained all the rights, we can do what we
    like there.

    Denny, shall we use CC-BY?

    Markus

    [1]
    http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/__2014/10/178785-wikidata/__fulltext
    <http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2014/10/178785-wikidata/fulltext>

     > [1]
    http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/__2014/10/178785-wikidata/__fulltext
    <http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2014/10/178785-wikidata/fulltext>

     > Regards,
     > James Weaver
     >
     > On Wed, Jan 7, 2015, at 05:14 PM, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
     >> Irrespective of the general policy discussion, I have now been
    bold and
     >> changed my item and user page to record that relationship as by my
     >> earlier suggestion (as copied below):
     >>
     >> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/__Q18618630
    <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18618630>

     >> I was wondering if, given that we have single signon, "website
    account
     >> on" should point to "Wikidata" or to "Wikimedia" or something
    else. But
     >> besides this minor point this seems to be a nice way to have COI
     >> declarations in the data (would also be interesting to know
    which living
     >> people have official Wikimedia accounts).
     >>
     >> Cheers,
     >>
     >> Markus
     >>
     >> On 07.01.2015 15:25, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
     >>>
     >>> In addition, there should be a template that one can use on
    one's user
     >>> page to disclose that one is the person described in a certain
    item.
     >>> Conversely, we should also use our "website account on"
    property (P553)
     >>> to connect living people to their Wikidata user account, so the
    COI is
     >>> recorded in the data. One could further disclose other COIs on
    one's
     >>> user page in some standard format, but maybe with Wikidata we could
     >>> actually derive such COIs automatically (your family members, the
     >>> companies you founded, the university you graduated from, etc.
    can all