Hi all,

I have been trying today to get the Java library Wikidata-Toolkit
going, but about to give up... I keep running with both 0.3.0 and
current master into a NullPointerException... I thought it was how I
called the code, and did add several System.out calls, and in the end
just tried to get it running from the command line... I tried the
example from the website (though replaced the Dump examples, which I
don't see in master; btw, "mvn test" runs fine) using a pristine
master:

$ cd wdtk-examples/
$ mvn compile
$ mvn exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass="org.wikidata.wdtk.examples.EntityStatisticsProcessor"

In doing so, I get the same NPE:

*** Wikidata Toolkit: EntityStatisticsProcessor
***
*** This program will download and process dumps from Wikidata.
*** It will print progress information and some simple statistics.
*** Results about property usage will be stored in a CSV file.
*** See source code for further details.
2015-01-17 16:53:00 INFO  - Using download directory
/home/egonw/var/Projects/GitHub/Wikidata-Toolkit/wdtk-examples/dumpfiles/wikidatawiki
[WARNING]
        at
        at
        at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
        at
org.wikidata.wdtk.dumpfiles.DumpProcessingController.processDumpFile(DumpProcessingController.java:470)
        at
org.wikidata.wdtk.dumpfiles.DumpProcessingController.processMostRecentDump(DumpProcessingController.java:456)
        at
org.wikidata.wdtk.dumpfiles.DumpProcessingController.processMostRecentJsonDump(DumpProcessingController.java:426)
        at
org.wikidata.wdtk.examples.ExampleHelpers.processEntitiesFromWikidataDump(ExampleHelpers.java:158)
        at
org.wikidata.wdtk.examples.EntityStatisticsProcessor.main(EntityStatisticsProcessor.java:88)
        ... 6 more

I tried finding what goes wrong, but cannot grasp all the magic that
is going on... the directory it reports was created, but is empty...

$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.0.5
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.16.0-4-686-pae", arch: "i386", family: "unix"

Can someone give me some pointers where and how it is testing of dump
files exist? Is this problem something platform dependent?

Thanks,

Egon

--
E.L. Willighagen