Hey folks :)

Here's your summary of all the good things around Wikidata of the past week:

Discussions

   - RfC: Reforming administrator inactivity criteria

<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_comment/Reforming_administrator_inactivity_criteria>

Events <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Events>/Press/Blogs
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Press_coverage>

   - Platypus - a speaking interface for Wikidata

<https://blog.wikimedia.de/2015/02/23/platypus-a-speaking-interface-for-wikidata/>
   - Past: Wikidata for Research meetup

<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Wikidata_for_research/Meetups/2015-02-23-Berlin>
   - Past: GLAMhack (two of the results: The Endless Story
   <http://the-endless-story.divshot.io/> and a family tree
   <https://tools.wmflabs.org/family/ancestors.php?q=Q7742&lang=en>)

Other Noteworthy Stuff

   - Wikidata reached 200,000,000 edits
   - Welcome Wikibooks! Wikibooks now gets its language links via Wikidata
   as well.
   - Vote for your favorite Wikimania submissions. Here are the Wikidata
   related ones.
   <https://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikidata>
   - New release of the Wikidata Toolkit with lots of good stuff.
   <https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikidata-l/2015-February/005493.html>
   - There are now over 30,000 objects in OpenStreetMap tagged with a
   Wikidata ID. Can you add more?
   <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wikidata>
   - Want to see where we want infoboxes to go with Wikidata? Check out the
   infobox fromage on French Wikipedia. Have a look at the wiki text here.
   <https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reblochon>

Did you know?

   - Newest properties: Naturbase ID
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1732>, Fach
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1731>, AllMusic song ID
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1730>, AllMusic album ID
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1729>, AllMusic artist ID
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1728>, Flora of North America ID
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1727>, Florentine musea
   Inventario 1890 ID <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1726>, beats
   per minute <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1725>
   - Newest WikiProjects
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProjects>: Cheese
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Cheese>, Filming
   Locations
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Filming_Locations>
   - Showcase items <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Showcase_items>:
   None this week. Yours next week?
   - You can listen to Wikidata (setting at the bottom)
   <http://listen.hatnote.com/>

Development

   - Chaged a number of Lua modules (from deprecated function
   mw.wikibase.getEntity to mw.wikibase.getEntityObject)
   - Updated the json documentation
   - Always link to Wikidata on client pages that don’t have any langlinks.
   This affects users without JavaScript and logged out users, logged in users
   will still see the link item dialog. gerrit:168632
   <https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/168632>
   - Fixes for the Wikibase qunit Jenkins job
   - Made Vagrant git-update also properly update Wikibase and dependencies
   - Fix for phabricator:T88254 <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T88254>
   (malformatted Wikidata entries appearing in Watchlist RSS feed in clients)
   - Final touches on new header design
   - Investigated how we can provide language fallback also in suggestions
   when search or adding new statements
   - More work on allowing additional languages in monolingual text datatype
   - Added missing backend piece for quantities with units. Now the
   remaining piece is the user interface.
   - Enabled Wikibase Client on Wikibooks

You can see all open bugs related to Wikidata here
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/4RotIcw5oINo/#R>.
Monthly Tasks

   - Hack on one of these
   <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/R8GRzX1eH0tb/#R>.
   - Help fix these items
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:The_Game/Flagged_items> which
   have been flagged using Wikidata - The Game.
   - Help develop the next summary here!
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Status_updates/Next>
   - Contribute to a Showcase item
   <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Showcase_items>
   - Help translate <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:LanguageStats>
   or proofread pages in your own language!

Anything to add? Please share! :)

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für