In technical terms a machine which is using forward and backward
propagation to make a approximate prediction [1] is being called a neural
network and doesn't matter if I agree or not.

BTW: I use BGFS not gradient descending.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Markus Krötzsch <
mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org> wrote:

> On 07.03.2015 18:21, Magnus Manske wrote:
>
>> Congratulations for this bold step towards the Singularity :-)
>>

> Lol. The word "neural" in the name of the algorithm is infinitely more
> attractive and inspiring than something abstract like "Support Vector
> Machine", isn't it? -- although we know that both approaches are much more
> similar to each other than to any biological neural system. ;-) However,
> since this is a general mailing list, it may be fair to clarify that this
> is just a gradient-descent based optimization procedure that we are
> deadling with here, and that it has nothing to do with a "thinking" general
> AI. I know that you know this, but not all of our readers may ...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Markus

Amir