Am 10.03.2015 um 14:31 schrieb Amir E. Aharoni:
> If it's way too much, how can this be bridged, or federated, or whatever the
> current popular word is? I don't even know exactly how does OSM store labels
> and
> translations now, but it sounds like another instance of Wikibase, if not
> Wikidata itself, can be used for it.

A separate Wikibase instance, federated with Wikidata sounds ideal (but the
federation bit will need work). Scalability is an issue though. Wikibase is
designed to scale to a few hundred million items. I suspect that OSM would need
a couple of orders of magnitude more...

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.