The folks of the Wikidata.lib project at the Hasso Plattner Institut have
developed an extension to Wikibase that allows us to suggest properties to add
to items, based on the properties already present (a very cool project, btw).

This is, conceptually, and extension to the Wikibase extension. This raises
problems for managing dependencies:

* conceptually, the extension (property suggester) depends *on* wikibase.
* practically, we want to install the property suggester as an optional
dependency (feature/plugin/extension) *of* wikibase.

So, how do we best express this? How can composer handle this?

I think the most obvious/important thing to do is to have a separate module for
the interface wikibase exposes to plugins/extensions. This would include the
interfaces of the service objects, and some factory/registry classes for
accessing these.

What's the best practice for exposing such a set of interfaces? How is this best
expressed in terms of composer manifests? What are the next steps to resolve the
circular/inverse dependencies we currently have?

-- daniel

PS: Below is an email in which Moritz Finke listed the dependencies the property
suggester currently has:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------