Am 06.06.2014 06:07, schrieb Jeroen De Dauw:
> $item = new Item( array(
> ) );

Some tests I touched recently use this, and I didn't change it, just moved
things around.

I agree that knowing about a specific serialization format in tests is bad.

On the other hand, it's nice to be able to construct an entity in a single
statement, instead of building it iteratively.

Also, some test cases take the array data as input, and only construct the
entity when running the test. This is convenient in cases when the data provider
does not know the concrete type of entity under test. I guess that's why this
was introduced. I'm moving tests away from that, though.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.