Yes, as far as I known, we have moved Change serialization to JSON a long time
ago, and we can and should drop support for PHP serialization there.

Double check with Katie though, she knows best what is currently deployed.

Am 12.10.2014 23:59, schrieb Jeroen De Dauw:
> Hey,
>
> I was wondering if we still used PHP serialization in our change replication
> mechanism. (We need to be very careful making changes to the objects in WB DM
> if
> that is the case.) Looking at the code, I discovered we have a changesAsJson
> setting, presumably introduced to migrate away from the PHP serialization. Has
> such a migration happened? Can we get rid of the setting an the old PHP
> serialize code?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Jeroen De Dauw - http://www.bn2vs.com
> Software craftsmanship advocate
> Evil software architect at Wikimedia Germany

Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.