Hi!

> Which of the following statements are most accurate given the technical
> roadmap of Wikibase?
>
> (1a) Wikibase will continue to support arbitrary precision values for
> coordinates, and the UI will be extended so people can actually enter them.
> (1b) Wikibase will restrict the set of supported precision values for
> coordinates to those already supported in the UI. Other values are
> considered an error that will have to be fixed in the future.

I'm not in the know about the technical roadmap, but I have a question -
why would arbitrary precision be needed? I.e., 0.01''[1] is a
centimeter-scale resolution. I'm not sure what coordinates can be even
known with such resolution, let alone be needed for anything practical.

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Geographical_coordinates#Precision_guidelines

Thanks,
--